April Lane Benson, Ph.D., is a sought after and highly respected expert in the study and treatment of compulsive buying disorder. In addition to speaking publicly about overshopping, she’s also a regular guest on television and radio news programs, and is interviewed extensively for print media.
Here’s a list of recent and upcoming media:
- February 2012: Article in Ladies Home Journal
- Winter 2012: Redbook, article on financial infidelity
- Fall 2011: Article in Community Health Magazine
- November 2011: Article in Elle, Canada about flash sales
- November 2011: The Huffington Post, Black Friday Shopping: 8 Tips to Curb Overshopping
- October 2011: Interview in Women’s Health
- September 2011: Interview in Lucky Magazine
- August 2011: Fab Over Fifty, article on shopping addiction
- August 2011, CNNMoney, Three Signs You’re Headed For Extreme Debt
- August 2011, Meet The Experts- Compulsive Buying Disorder With Dr. April Benson PhD
- Interview in Inspire Magazine
- April 13, 2011: Squidoo, How to Determine if You Have a Shopping Addiction
- April 2011: Australian Credit Card Comparison, Three Shopaholic Words: Card, Credit, and Shop
- Mid-April: Chicago Sun-Times, Chic discount sites allow users to find designer goods for less
- March 31, 2011: USA Today, Daily deals try to entice customers into buying blitz
- March 14th, 2011: Women’s World, Help Me Break My Bad Habit!
- March 11th, 2011: KhaleejTimes.com, The Rise and Rise of the Need to Buy
- January 2011: Self Magazine, Money Matters: Deal or No Deal? (p.29)
- January 5, 2011: today.msnbc.msn.com Buyer beware: One luxury item can spark shopping spree
- December 25, 2010: Couriermail.com.au, Reining In Retail Addiction
- December 16, 2010: Internet-addiction-guide.com, Is there such a thing as compulsive shopping?
- December 24, 2010: Freep.com Ask Questions About Store Return Policy
- December 14, 2010: Ottawa Sun, Spending Gone Wild
- December 14, 2010: Time partners with CNN, The True Meaning of Shopping
- December 14, 2010: Toronto Sun, Spending Gone Wild
- December 9, 2010: CreditCards.com, Careless-spending celebrities lose sympathy with American public
- December 8, 2010: NaplesNews.com, Choices: When shopping becomes a problem
- December 7, 2010: openforum.com, Being Rich and Thin Go Hand in Hand
- December 4, 2010: Jamaica-Gleaner.com, Don’t be a shopaholic this season
- December 1, 2010: MedicalNewsToday.com, Have Yourself A Mindful Merry Christmas
- December, 2010: Whole Living, p.126, Conscious Spending: What Am I Shopping For?
- December 16: News Talk Radio, Web: The Tommy Schnurmacher Show
- November 25, 2010: The Daily Beast, Who Spends the Most?
- November 25, 2010: New York Post, Addicts who face $$ death by plastic
- November 18, 2010: Teleclass/podcast with Kathleen Kingsbury of KBK Wealth Connections. I shared some ideas on how to minimize gifting stress. Click here to listen to the replay.
- November 1, 2010: Cover story in the November-December issue of Together.Have a Good – Not a Goods – Holiday, The good life comes from doing, not having.
- November 1, 2010: CNN.com, Get your holiday shopping act together now
- What Would Jesus Buy?, the alternative Christmas movie will air on The Sundance Channel. April is one of the experts seen in the movie.
- Tuesday, November 9 8:20 PM EST
- Wednesday, November 10 1:25 AM EST
- Monday, November 29 6:20 PM EST (live chat)
- Tuesday, November 30 5:15 AM EST
- Talking about holiday spending on Tuesday, November 16th, at 8 a.m. on “Morning Living.” It’s on Martha Stewart Living Radio, Sirius 112/XM 157. You can listen live on the radio or on the website, either through your Sirius/XM subscription or by signing up for a free 7-day trial at www.sirius.com/freetrial/register. Martha Stewart Living Radio doesn’t post the show, so if you want to hear it, you need to listen live.
- October 25: Milwaukee Magazine – The Diva
- October 19: Hay House Radio – Conscious Wealth
- October 13: Vanguard.com – How to Recognize if You Have a Shopping Problem
- October 1: Bankrate.com – 5 steps to stop compulsive spending
- October 1: The Independent – Shop-and-tell web trend fuels tween addicts
- October Issue: San Diego Statement Newsletter
- September 1, 2010: SomethingYouShouldKnow.com, When Shopping Becomes A Problem
- September 24: CBSNEWS.com, Seen at 11: Internet May Be Fueling Shopping Addiction
- August 26: Chicago Tribune, Do you shop compulsively?
- August 5: CBSNEWS.com, Giuliani Daughter Shoplifting Arrest: Is Alleged Theft a Cry for Help?
- August/September 2010: The Chronical, Working Through April Lane Benson’s To Buy or Not to Buy
- August 15: My Strange Addiction will air on TLC, features April working with a compulsive buyer, check your local listings for times.
- August 7: CBSNEWS.com, Addicted to Shopping
- August 2: Vocalo 89.5 – Stopping Overshopping
- July Issue: Ladies Home Journal, page 82.
- July 29: WowOWow.com, Don’t Invest on an Empty Stomach
- May 5: 9:00pm EST/8:00pm CST on Discovery Health Channel – My Strange Addiction, features April working with a complusive buyer
- May 21: CBS News
- March 4: One-Touch Shopping, for Members Only (New York Times)
- March 8: Are You a Shopaholic? (Beliefnet.com)
- March 22: How To Make Sure Your “Deal” Is Really A Deal
- March 18: It’s Your Health Radio – Listen to the replay
- Money: Born to Spend (Ivanhoe Newswire)
- Dr. Benson has been interviewed for an article in the December-January issue of Cosmopolitan International about overspending as a way to deal with work week anxiety.
To arrange a speaking engagement, contact Dr. Benson.