If you already consider yourself one, The $mart Women podcast series will help you maintain your smarts, and if you’re not, the series will help you become one.
Sponsored by Payne Capital Management and hosted by Michelle McKinnon, the series seeks to help women “get smart” with their money and is a great resource. Recently, I was a guest on this series and was able to go into depth on a variety of topics related to overshopping that may be of help to you and your loved ones.
Listening to the Podcast Will Give You Insight Into:
- How to tell if you’re a shopaholic. For example, if you can afford what you buy, could you still be a shopaholic?
- How to dial back your shopping. Michelle’s own shopping experience prompted her important questions on this subject.
- How to evaluate if your purchases are necessary. I explain the model I’ve developed for recording and evaluating expenditures in such a way that you get to see very clearly what you could be saving each week if you were only buying things that were necessary.
- Male shopaholics and how they differ from female shopaholics.
- How to promote lasting change. I talked about what my experience has been in terms of how people make changes and what the necessary steps are to promote lasting change.
- Why it’s so hard to face this problem and how to find effective help once you do.
In addition, I talked about my own journey from compulsive buyer myself to specializing in studying and working with compulsive buyers.
You can listen here to learn more.